Smiling makes you seem polite, friendly, and capable. If you look sad, nervous or anxious, maybe even in a bad mood; other people wonder if they want to be around you.
As simple a thing as a bright smile could lead you to success because, in business, it gives coworkers confidence that you are certain with what you are doing!
You might also be surprised to learn how big your smile can predict your life span. A 2010 Wayne State University research project studied pre-1950s major league player baseball cards. According to Ron Gutman, author of Smile: The Astonishing Powers of a Simple Act, “The researchers found that the span of a player’s smile could actually predict the span of his life.
Players who didn’t smile for their baseball card pictures lived an average of only 72.9 years, whereas players with beaming smiles lived an average of almost 80 years.” Must be the endorphin rush that keeps you going longer!
Smiling can make you happy, and it leads the people around you to smile as well. Buddhist author Thich Nhat Hanh said, “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
Welcome to the world of cosmetic dentistry!
While traditional dentistry addresses the health of your teeth and gums, cosmetic dentistry focuses on the appearance of your teeth, mouth, and smile.
Cosmetic dentistry has been around for decades, but the materials used today are more durable and natural looking than those used in the past.
Ways to fix your smile via Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Crowns: Crowns, aka caps, are custom-made to fit over your existing tooth after it has been prepped. For cosmetic purposes, crowns are usually made from ceramic, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal. Crowns are used in cosmetic dentistry to cover teeth that are broken or chipped, have large fillings, are oddly shaped, or to cover spaces in between teeth.
- Dental Veneers: This is a procedure that can be used to repair or improve the appearance of a tooth that has been badly stained, broken or chipped, or mildly crooked. These are made from a thin piece of porcelain or other material and cemented to your tooth.
- Orthodontic Treatments: Orthodontics is not just a childhood rite of passage any longer. More and more adults are seeking treatment from orthodontists for cosmetic purposes. Advancements in straightening teeth include braces that actually hide the fact you are having orthodontic work done!
- Tooth Bonding: Bonding is the process in which tooth-coloured material is made of composite resin, is placed on the tooth then shaped to fit and hardened with a light. This can be used as a cost-effective method to repair and improve the appearance of a tooth that has been stained, broken or chipped and even fill in gaps.
- Teeth Whitening: Sometimes the simplest thing will be the most effective at giving you the bright smile you deserve. There are several methods available: surface abrasives (often found in toothpaste), bleaching, and bleaching with laser or light. Not everyone is a suitable candidate for any or all of these procedures. Thin enamel, sensitive teeth or gums, or other oral issues may mean whitening will cause more harm than good. Therefore, you should always check with your dentist before whitening your teeth at home.
We would love to be your choice to bring out the radiant smile you’ve been looking for. Schedule an appointment online today or call our cosmetic dentist Airdrie office at (403) 948-3575 for all your cosmetic dental treatment and services requirements.